Monday, July 27, 2009

Cloth Diapering

Yes, I am doing cloth! Right now it's so much fun shopping for them and finding amazing deals to boot! It's not like a diaper service thing, I will be doing (WE will be!) all this ourselves..changing, washing, hang drying...all of it : ) I can't wait. They make these things so darn cute!!





I've got 15 prefolds, which are held together with Snappi's (instead of pins..OUCH!) 5 Goodmamas, which are called fitted's and usually require a cover if we're going to be out and about. 4 small Thirsties covers, 1 xsmall Thirsties cover(with 4 more on the way!), 1 Bumkins cover, 1 FuzziBuns pocket diaper--these diapers REALLY are made for men, haha. All Eloy has to do is put it on her. I will already have the PF stuffed/folded inside. 3 snappis, and one wet bag! I've got 3 Piddle Poddles on the way (amazing deal...3 for $24 including shipping!!) I'm very excited about my stash. OH and the GM's and PP's are one size! They're adjustable to fit newborn to toddler. So, we'll get lots of use out of those.

I want to get "woolies" which come in shorties or longies. They keep baby super dry during any season. I didn't know this about wool, but it can absorb about 60x its weight. It also allows the pee to evaporate, making it easier to care for. It only has to be washed once it gets poopy, or if that doesn't happen, every 2-3 weeks, if not longer.

I actually didn't get that many diapers for baby shower gifts; I got a box of newborn Huggies, which is good, b/c I will use those for the first week or week and a half, then transition into the PF's. I was sad to hear that the base doesn't allow cloth (without doctor's note) so we'll have to use sposies during the day and cloth at night and on the weekends.

I can't wait for her to be here already : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know we don't know each other, but I came across your blog through Justines (marinewife08.blogspot.com). I am 24 weeks pregnant with a little girl, and we will be using Gdiapers :) Here is the link, check it out!
    www.gdiapers.com

    ReplyDelete